TPD, NWFD and PCSD say "Don't text and drive!"
Our Community Partner this month is local law enforcement offices (TPD, NWFD and PCSD) supporting the "Band Together" to stop texting and driving campaign
During the time it takes to read ONE text message … you travel the length of an entire football field.
Never text while driving. It's too dangerous. Don't become part of the statistics. Almost a quarter of all car accidents involve cell phones.
We have to make texting and driving as socially unacceptable as drinking and driving. You are 23-times more likely to get into an accident while texting and driving. Texting is even more dangerous than drunk driving.
There's really no text worth dying for. It's a game of Russian roulette - and the odds will catch up with you eventually.
Local Law Enforcement and the community will "Band Together" this month and take the pledge to stop texting and driving. Will you?
You too can apply to be a Journal Broadcast Group Community Partner, see details here.
Previous Journal Broadcast Group Community Partners Include:
- TMC / CMN MIX Miracles Radiothon
- Hermitage No-Kill Cat Shelter & Sanctuary
- The Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center
- Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance
- Heart of Tucson Equine Rescue
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Tucson Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Friends of the Pima County Public Library
- The Missing in America Project
- Friends of Sabino Canyon
- The YMCA of Southern Arizona
- The Lupus Foundation
- Integrative Touch for Kids
- SARSEF: Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Foundation
- The Symphony Women's Association
- Camp Wildcat
- Pima Animal Care Center
- Educational Enrichment Foundation
- La Paloma Family Services
- Parkingson Wellness Recovery
- Beads of Courage Program
- TIHAN, Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network
- Teen Outreach Arizona
- Literacy Connects
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- World Care
- Youth on Their Own
- Junior Achievement Arizona
- Arizona Families for Children
- Erik Hite Foundation
- I Am Tucson
- Handi-Dogs, Inc.
- The Ben's Bells Project
- The West Inc.
- The Loft Cinema
- Bag It!
- The UMC Trauma Center
- St. Elizabeth's Health Center Services
- Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center
- Community Gardens of Tucson
- Honor Flight Tucson
- The Haven
- Tucson Festival of Books
- Pima Council On Aging
- Blind & Deaf Children Foundation
- Make Way For Books
- Tucson Clean & Beautiful
- Volunteer Center of Southern Arizona
- Marshall Home for Men
- Reading Seed
- Gooter Foundation
- Child & Family Resources
- Tucson Girls Chorus
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Homicide Survivors