The Missing in America Project, our Community Partner
Our Community Partner this month is the Missing in America Project
The purpose of the MIA Project is to locate, identify and inter the unclaimed cremated remains of American veterans. To provide honor and respect to those who have served this country by securing a final resting place for these forgotten heroes.
Locally, the focus of the MIA Project is a massive effort to locate, identify and inter the unclaimed cremains of forgotten veterans in Southern Arizona. This task is executed through the combined, cooperative efforts of volunteer service and veteran organizations, local Funeral Homes and the State Funeral Commission.
Find out more about this amazing group of volunteers and how you can help, on their website and their Facebook page.
You too can apply to be a Journal Broadcast Group Community Partner, see details here.
Previous Journal Broadcast Group Community Partners Include:
- TMC / CMN MIX Miracles Radiothon
- Friends of Sabino Canyon
- The YMCA of Southern Arizona
- The Lupus Foundation
- Integrative Touch for Kids
- SARSEF: Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Foundation
- The Symphony Women's Association
- Camp Wildcat
- Pima Animal Care Center
- Educational Enrichment Foundation
- La Paloma Family Services
- Parkingson Wellness Recovery
- Beads of Courage Program
- TIHAN, Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network
- Teen Outreach Arizona
- Literacy Connects
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- World Care
- Youth on Their Own
- Junior Achievement Arizona
- Arizona Families for Children
- Erik Hite Foundation
- I Am Tucson
- Handi-Dogs, Inc.
- The Ben's Bells Project
- The West Inc.
- The Loft Cinema
- Bag It!
- The UMC Trauma Center
- St. Elizabeth's Health Center Services
- Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center
- Community Gardens of Tucson
- Honor Flight Tucson
- The Haven
- Tucson Festival of Books
- Pima Council On Aging
- Blind & Deaf Children Foundation
- Make Way For Books
- Tucson Clean & Beautiful
- Volunteer Center of Southern Arizona
- Marshall Home for Men
- Reading Seed
- Gooter Foundation
- Child & Family Resources
- Tucson Girls Chorus
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Homicide Survivors