Summer has arrived! Pack a better cooler!
This weekend is the official start of summer, so here's are six tips to pack a better cooler.
- Get it started early...about two hours before guests arrive. That gives plenty of time for drinks to get cold, but not enough for all the ice to melt.
- Use bagged ice. Don't take ice out of your fridge for the cooler. You won't have enough...And the bagged ice is a better size for fitting in between cans.
- Build layers. Cans should go in first, then ice. You keep it more even that way, and you can pack more in the cooler. After that, put in the bottles, and put wine on the top because it shouldn't be as cold.
- Pour some cold water over the ice. A pitcher of cold water will help cool drinks down faster.
- Keep extra drinks on deck in the sink (with ice), or in a second fridge. When the cooler goes empty, you need to have cold drinks ready to go. No one wants to wait for drinks to chill down AFTER the party has started.
Finally: And this might be the most important point. Have a separate ice supply for drinks. Don't make people grab ice out of the cooler with their bare hands. Nobody's washed and I don't want their grubby hands on my ice!
More Morning MIX Audio on Demand
- Combining food groups: Pizza and...
- Comments on FB pictures
- Bikinis on campus
- Things to ponder
- Selfie after a tragedy
- Signs you are in the wrong job
- Men do SOME things right
- Job openings: Beer Police or Knuckle Waxer
- How to run a guy off
- Jogging can kill you
- Tricks to use to get your way
- Did they do that?
- Bobby the Science Guy and the Pink Dwarf Planet
- Current TV shows on the chopping block
- Gwyneth had it coming
- QUIZ: Which Modern Family character are you?
- Have wives lowered the bar too far?
- How to avoid restaurant server stink eye
- Celebrity roommate quiz
- Consult your significant other before doing...part 2
- Consult your significant other before doing...part 1
- Is an oil change different for a man than a woman?
- 5 Second Rule
- Why the Morning MIXers DO NOT talk about birthdays?
- Sexy Man jobs